Job Title: BallHockey Referee
Job Summary: As a MudCity Referee, you will play a vital role in ensuring the fair and safe conduct of adult and children ball hockey games. You will be responsible for enforcing the rules of the game, maintaining player safety, and facilitating a competitive yet sportsmanlike atmosphere. Your decisions and judgment will directly impact the outcome of the game and the overall experience for players and spectators.
Payment: $25/per game
Hours: 12+ hours per week (evenings and weekends)
- Officiate games, ensuring all rules and regulations are adhered to.
- Enforce penalties and infractions as necessary.
- Maintain control of the game by managing player conduct and ensuring fair play.
- Make quick and accurate decisions on goals, and other game-related situations.
- Prioritize the safety of players by monitoring for dangerous plays, and addressing potential hazards.
- Act swiftly in case of player injuries, coordinating with managers when necessary.
- Effectively communicate with players during the game.
- Explain rule infractions, penalties, and decisions to interested parties in a clear and professional manner.
- Stay up-to-date with current MudCity rules and regulations.
- Manage conflicts between players and fans in a calm and diplomatic manner.
- Arrive at the venue well before the scheduled game time.
- Inspect the playing surface and equipment to ensure they meet safety standards.
- Confirm the availability of required game balls and stats sheets.
- Uphold a high standard of professionalism, demonstrating impartiality and integrity.
- Strong knowledge of hockey rules and regulations.
- Previous experience as a hockey referee is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make quick and unbiased decisions under pressure.
- Physical fitness and agility to keep up with fast-paced gameplay.
- Willingness to attend training sessions and seminars to stay current with rule changes.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as games are scheduled.
Working Conditions: MudCity referees work in indoor and outdoor environments, often in varying weather conditions. They may be exposed to loud noises and must be prepared to make split-second decisions during fast-paced games. Evening and weekend work is common, as games are typically scheduled during these times.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com